Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedAdmin help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JTninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Admin help?
    Posted: 24-Jan-2009 at 11:58
Hi everyone, not sure who the admin is, but Im in need of some help, or at least another W8 owner is. He tried to register on this website, but has yet to recieve an activation email. Any ideas to help?

Heres his thread on PassatWorld...

http://passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281387

Edited by SirRangeALot - 24-Jan-2009 at 13:59
JT Tami
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2009 at 14:04

Unfortunately you'll/he'll have to wait until Frank gets back on the forum. I don't have the ability to activate his membership here. This seems to be an ongoing problem -- people want to join but are unable to due to not receiving activation emails.

Paging Frank...
spinner View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 10:02
I've now manually activated his account, so he should be good to go.

Also there seems to be no errors on the e-mail notification system. Just tested it again.

Maybe an incorrect address was accidently entered?

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 10:15
Originally posted by spinner

Maybe an incorrect address was accidently entered?

Very possible since it may not require you to enter it twice like some sites do. I let the person know he was good to go over here from PassatWorld, so hopefully he shouldn't have any more problems.

Thanks Frank!
gods_dad View Drop Down

Quote gods_dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 10:36
Hello!

I had a few problems too, I didn't receive the activation email event though I tried to resend several times. When I tried today, it magically appeared!

Tony

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 20:05
Good to see you made it through!
spinner View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 16:42
Just a little follow-up:

I just noticed that a new version of the forum has been released, with improved errorhandling for the e-mail module.

This should include better testing of e-mail setup, more user-friendly messages when it fails to send a mail, and the most interesting part (for me); the ability to log e-mail results to a log file.

I will install this update as soon as I get back from our ski-trip, and hopefully it'll help troubleshoot future problems...

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 19:21
Frank, have you checked into a 'Shoutbox' yet?
spinner View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2009 at 12:40
Not really.

The problem is that every customization I make to the forum will be lost whenever I upgrade to the newest version.

If I can find a way to make this effort minimum I will go ahead and develop a shoutbox myself and add it to the forum.

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2009 at 16:35
Originally posted by spinner

The problem is that every customization I make to the forum will be lost whenever I upgrade to the newest version.

Oooh, that wouldn't be good, now would it?
 Post Reply Post Reply