Forum Home Forum Home > About the Forum > Comments, Suggestions and Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedShoutBox comments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gods_dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ShoutBox comments
    Posted: 31-Dec-2009 at 08:48
I'm for it having now seen other ones working and think the top is best for viewing. That being said, it may be better for the box to be a bit smaller. Those who want to read the 'shouts' could scroll up and down within the shoutbox and it wouldn't annoy those who don't want it as much. Just my 10p (Or cents) worth!
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2009 at 10:18
I'm not sure if this is even going to happen...Frank is a busy man. I hardly see him around here anymore.
squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2010 at 18:03
Well it was a year ago today that the thread was started. Either get SB on here or punt the massive box on top. Tired of looking at it...
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2010 at 21:35
Originally posted by squish

Well it was a year ago today that the thread was started. Either get SB on here or punt the massive box on top. Tired of looking at it...

I sense a hint of disgust in your post. What "box" do you speak of? The SB is all up to Frank (spinner). I'm only a lowly moderator.
squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2010 at 06:28
sorry to post negatively but i'm referring to the box on seemingly every page that is titled 'shoutbox'

SRAL, your work here on the forum has been stellar
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2010 at 10:17
Originally posted by squish

sorry to post negatively but i'm referring to the box on seemingly every page that is titled 'shoutbox'

SRAL, your work here on the forum has been stellar

I know, it's frustrating. I've been looking forward to it for a long time. I wish there was something I could do about the ShoutBox itself and the 'reminder' boxes.

Thanks for the compliment!
gods_dad View Drop Down

Quote gods_dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2010 at 15:38
I'd agree, finish or get rid!
JDR33 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote JDR33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2010 at 14:55
IMHO shoutbox is teh gheyness.....

Seriuosly, though, instead we use a 'whoretown' thread to communicate. Usually located in 'off topic' and stickied so it is easy to locate..
Sometimes it is called a 'general chat' thread, but I do like 'whoretown' better
Hers: 2003 W8 4Motion 202kw at the fly
His: 1996 R33 GTS-T Skyline 250kw ATW

Life's more fun at 18psi
spinner View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2010 at 07:48
Hi guys.

Sorry for the slow progress, if you can even call it progress.

I'll decide what should happen to the (non-existing) ShoutBox soon.
spinner View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2010 at 18:41
So I decided ... to make it ...

It nothing special, I know... Made it in a hurry ... So no HTML, BB Codes, emoticons and whatever you kids call these fancy things nowadays.

Also I haven't been able to test it that thoroughly, so you might encounter some hickups. If you do, please let me know about it in this thread.

I'll be gone for the next 3 weeks, as I'm heading for the US for my vacation, so it'll have to wait to I get back (heard that before? ), if changes are required.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>