Forum Home Forum Home > About the Forum > Comments, Suggestions and Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedSo...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So...
    Posted: 30-Jul-2010 at 20:47
I've recently been mulling over the idea of stepping down as moderator of the W8 Forum. Since I sold my W8 I really don't have the insight like I used to, and some people here seem to think/feel that someone that actually owns a W8 should be a moderator. I visit here at least twice a day to check new posts, move/lock threads that require it, etc. I just feel out of place at times.

I honestly don't care either way if I stay on as a moderator, and if it's okay with Frank, I'd like to pick the replacement. I have a few in mind.

Let me know your thoughts, if you think it'd be in the best interest of the forum if I give up the position or stay. Either way I hope I have been helpful with everyone and that I maintained the site in an organized efficient manner.

Jeremy
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2010 at 21:38
If you're willing to make the commitment, that's #1 in my book. Being a moderator has little to nothing to do with being a W8 "guru" - the only benefit is in helping to sustain your interest - that you sold yours doesn't enter into it for me.

I think you're doing a damn fine job, and if you want to keep the job, there'll be no objection from me.
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2010 at 22:08
I'll agree with the above your presence isn't any less because you don't own a W8 anymore. If anything you can help keep us fanbois in check lol.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
RobG View Drop Down

Quote RobG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2010 at 18:56
Ditto, on the lupo site i'm also on, most of the admin on there are no longer lupo drivers, in fact I'd say a good proportion of the core users aren't (keep hanging around like bad smells ;)

So yeah, you're doing a good job, if you want to carry on, you got my vote :)
___/ __/ _/ View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote ___/ __/ _/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Aug-2010 at 02:09
Jeremy, you do a fine job here. Whether you own a W8 or not at the present is not important. You HAVE owned one, so that by itself cements your relationship to this forum.

But, what do YOU want to do?
"I agree that the W8 is a great car--when it works... "
-dstathos-

^Pure Genius! Why didn't I write that?!?

spinner View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2010 at 17:28
Jemery.

I was afraid you were gonna drop this one eventually, when I realized you had sold your car.

First, I'd like to say that your effort in here is really appreciated. You've done a tremendous job at keeping this forum clean and organized and helping out people when they had issues with the forum. Won't even begin to imagine what things would look like in here, if it'd been up to me to keeps things tidy :)

While I don't get some peoples argument that it should be someone owning a W8 who should be the moderator, I fully understand if you want to ease up on your commitment to the forum, given that you don't own a W8 anymore.

So, my vote - of course - goes to you to continue as our moderator, but if you decide not to I have no problem with you choosing who the next one to hold the baton should be. Actually I hope you will, as you have a much better basis for choosing one than I do.

We anxiously await your decision.
gods_dad View Drop Down

Quote gods_dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2010 at 17:55
Just buy another W8 and the situation's solved!
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2010 at 02:03
Originally posted by gods_dad

Just buy another W8 and the situation's solved!

Haha, I wish it was that easy! I do miss the old girl from time to time. I'd be lying if I said I didn't.

It's nice to know I have your support...thanks for your input. It's really appreciated. I'll stick with it for now since there doesn't seem to be any objection. This is the most friendliet forum/club I've ever been a part of, and I'm proud to be a part of it, and to be here since the very beginning.

Who knows...maybe in a few years I'll track another one down once the prices come down even more. It'd definitely have to be a 6MT waggie though.
squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2010 at 23:28
You have my support to stay. Early on I was teasing you about it and I hope you didn't think I wanted you to leave us. You have done a nice job with keeping us in order, neat, and tidy. Rarely do we have troublemakers, which is a blessing, but still proper management is vital. I think we are all nice to each other because we are scared of our cars breaking! The hardship draws us together. Whatever the case, you've been the boss and it has worked out well. Do what you need to do, as long as it means you stay the moderator... j/k!
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2010 at 06:27
Originally posted by SirRangeALot

I'll stick with it for now since there doesn't seem to be any objection.

Huzzah!
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>