The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > About the Forum > Comments, Suggestions and Help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedHad to move the forum - again!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had to move the forum - again!
    Posted: 09-Jan-2011 at 21:35
Hi guys ...

So I had to move the forum again.

For some reason the bandwidth usage on the forum has exploded. It's never been over 10 GBs a month, but December it was suddenly 18 GBs.

When I checked for January I can see that it's already well over the 10 GBs that's allowed on my plane and we're not even half way through the month yet.

And since I'm charged an additional $5 pr GB I'm over the limit, it's starting to become a little expensive.

So I moved to a web-hotel that doesn't charge extra for bandwidth. Also I'm able to better monitor the usage on the new hotel.

My only concern is if it's just as snappy as it used to be. From where I'm sitting it's actually faster than the old hotel but I'm located very close to the server so that might explain it.

So please let me hear how you're experiencing the forum after I've moved it.

In the mean time I'll just sit and growl a bit over just renewed the old hotel for another year 2 months ago - $140 wasted.

Frank.
gods_dad View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gods_dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2011 at 21:51
Spinner,

Thanks for everything you do in hosting and spending time and money keeping the site going. It is a fantastic resource and help to everyone that uses it.
 Post Reply Post Reply