Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - South
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana
    Posted: 13-Mar-2014 at 03:49
I got the front and sides from Passat World classifieds and the rear from VWvortex classifieds. All new in box, it was about $1,500 for all with the shipment charges.

The Votex parts aren't really that hard to find, it is the money that is hard to find!
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2014 at 22:07
Where'd you get the FUNK switch? I've been looking for one for months with no luck. They're no longer in production and I haven't found anyone with one in stock. In fact, I've been trolling ebay.de hoping to stumble over one.

'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2014 at 23:56
I got it from Pablo on Passat World ($75), he had two, he may have more by now.
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2014 at 15:45
May I ask you to PM me his email address? I don't see the ad on PassatWorld.

Thanks!
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2014 at 17:55
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2014 at 05:29
I went to see "Need for Speed 3D" with some friends tonight and my odometer turned over 80,000 miles. This means my car is now middle aged, just like me, lol.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2014 at 00:50
I got my Eastwood fender roller today.......but they forgot the heat gun! Yet another delay.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2014 at 18:29
The heat gun came in today, it was just in another box.

Now I just need a clear day to get to it. I'm going to try and roll the fenders, install the new brakes and paint the calipers all in one day. I have to clearance the front calipers for the wheels too. Then it's off to the VW dealer for the coil-overs and 19" wheels install.

Thanks again to srdavis for helping me with the specs and info.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2014 at 17:23
I've gotten the wheels, tires and brakes installed and man does it STOP! I said before that it would stop on a dime now it will stop on a nickle (lol, I know a nickle is bigger than a dime).

The coil-overs aren't on yet, some of the bolts were seized and would break off. So, I have ordered new bolts (why didn't ST provide some?).

When I get it lowered I'll throw up a pic or two.
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2014 at 05:40
you're probably talking about the upper ball joint pinch bolt, common bolt to get seized. When I did mine first, those were seized, so I just unbolted the control arms from the inside, and it was fine. That pinch bolt can be a huge pain to get out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 23>