Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - South
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana
    Posted: 22-Jul-2014 at 03:54
Originally posted by KenBIII

Pics or it didn't happen

Which part?
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2014 at 15:27
The rolled fenders
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2014 at 05:33
We are having a problem with getting this one bolt off, the upper control arm(s) bolt. I took the wheel off and got a picture. The bolt highlighted in yellow is what's the trouble. The tech says that he has never seen one this way, the nut and bolt head are backwards. He is experienced with the B5, even owning a B5.5 TDI Wagon. I also circled the two top arm bolts in red, I think this is how Sean did his car.

...to be clear, what I'm asking is, does that pinch bolt belong the other way around? The tech says it is backwards.

Edited by Superman - 24-Jul-2014 at 01:45
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2014 at 06:52
I am sooooooooooooo getting myself this for Christmas!

Apple CarPlay
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2014 at 09:03
WOW, check out this really neat tool to remove that PITA bolt. Yeah, but the tool is $634!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJBjqKHKHoY
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2014 at 21:32
Jesus H. Find yourself a competent indie mechanic and get it done right already.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2014 at 14:21
Originally posted by SirRangeALot

Jesus H. Find yourself a competent indie mechanic and get it done right already.

03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2014 at 15:30
No one wants to take the responsibility of putting a hammer and torch to a "rare" car. It's not the dealership tech fault, it's mine because I never have approved the repair yet. I was waiting to do it the right way. However, now that I know that the right way requires a $700 tool, things will change.
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2014 at 18:03
And again, you can do it without removing that bolt. If you're that worried, then leave that bolt there and take out the other 2 you had circled in red.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jul-2014 at 01:38
Thanks Sean, yes that is what I will try, I just haven't went up to the dealer yet and talked to them about it. I do eventually want to get those arms on top changed to the custom ones that are adjustable. I have seen your picture on Vortex that even as low as your car is they aren't needed, so I hope I don't need them. I'll bring my car to the dealer sometime this week. I was actually in the Veterans hospital these past four days.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 23>