Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 23>
Author
Admin
Admin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana
    Posted: 29-Jul-2014 at 05:53
People think they need them to help tire wear, when really, as long as your toe is set properly, you won't wear them any faster than stock, though they will wear more unevenly.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2014 at 00:32
Well, good news, I know I've been hard headed about that one bolt but... the dealer has purchased the tool for the shop. I plan to get the adjustable arms eventually too, I like a bit of negative camber in the front.

P.S. It seems that the $700 KLANN tool may be a copy. VW got it for $400 from Snap-on tools. This is what I've been holding out for, the dealer to buy the tool instead of me.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2014 at 00:41
Snap-on was cheaper than someone?
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2014 at 02:00
Originally posted by Superman

I plan to get the adjustable arms eventually too, I like a bit of negative camber in the front.

You don't need the adjustable arms to give you negative camber, most buy them to get rid of negative camber. I've got right around -2 degrees in the front where mine sits.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2014 at 06:52
Something is up with my car, it pulls to the right.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2014 at 08:07
Originally posted by KenBIII

Snap-on was cheaper than someone?

After some research I see that KLANN makes the tool and Snap-On just resales it. Regardless, it's $700 from KLANN and $400 from Snap-On but that is "dealer price".
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2014 at 16:40
Me, all the VW techs and the service manager went to see "The Big Lebowski" on the big screen at the theater.

I learned something new about the car, maybe others can confirm. It has a rev limiter after 6,500 rpm. I was doing 110 mph in 4th gear and lost power, looked down and the tach jumped from 6,500 to about 4,000. Then I shifted into 5th (then 6th) and everything was fine. So, do these cars have a rev limiter?
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2014 at 21:19

Me, all the VW techs and the service manager went to see "The Big Lebowski" on the big screen at the theater.

I learned something new about the car, maybe others can confirm. It has a rev limiter after 6,500 rpm. I was doing 110 mph in 4th gear and lost power, looked down and the tach jumped from 6,500 to about 4,000. Then I shifted into 5th (then 6th) and everything was fine. So, do these cars have a rev limiter?

Yes, pretty much all cars do. Shouldn't jump that much though, unless you bounce off the top speed limiter, then it can cut out pretty hard sometimes.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2014 at 22:40
I have read the top speed limiter is at 135 mph.
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2014 at 06:01

I have read the top speed limiter is at 135 mph.

Yup, right around there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 23>