Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - South
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 23>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana
    Posted: 08-Aug-2014 at 06:08
speed limiter for us cars is 144mph . then the sudden stop of acceleration and then shift like you are decsribing is when the electronics sence something wrong and go into limp mode .. mine does that due to the abs light being in .. it wont alow hard full rev acceleration
poop
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2014 at 15:35
Originally posted by logan

speed limiter for us cars is 144mph . then the sudden stop of acceleration and then shift like you are decsribing is when the electronics sence something wrong and go into limp mode .. mine does that due to the abs light being in .. it wont alow hard full rev acceleration

US cars are around 135mph. This is pretty well documented for VW cars of that generation. Where did you see 144?
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Aug-2014 at 23:56
I might get the balls to test that limit but it just seems like such a gamble to do that on an uncontrolled roadway.
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2014 at 08:26
Yeah, it's not worth it considering the risks.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2014 at 14:24
I have collected a lot of literature from back when this car was new, including a VW press kit. They all "claim" 156 top speed and 135 mph controlled limit.

I will just trust in them numbers than risk my car and/or more.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 09:48
Sorry for the picture, low light in the store room and had to adjust it.

This is a Votex rear for the W8, I just wanted to know if anyone has ever seen a Votex rear bumper panel with two exhaust outlets.

Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 17:33
Doesn't look like any votex rear I've seen. Not even talking about the exhaust cut outs, the style overall is different. You sure it's a Votex?
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 23:38
Yes, it is stamped in the material that it's Votex. The sides look the same (as Votex) but the rear is different (two exhaust and no deflector piece). I almost didn't buy it because I'd never seen one before. I haven't mocked it up on the car but I measured it and all is good there.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2014 at 23:48
Originally posted by Superman

Yes, it is stamped in the material that it's Votex.

Wait, sorry, it is stamped "MS Design" but everything looks like a Votex (even the stamp). I have more pictures, I'll put them up later.

http://www.ms-design.com/en/willkommen.html
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2014 at 01:20
But it looks completely different than a Votex...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 23>