Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - South
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana
    Posted: 28-Sep-2014 at 04:52
I wish, six months of rain, mud and sludge. This is LA not L.A. lol.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2014 at 04:57
Come up to the North and we will talk lol
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2014 at 07:26
I experienced it once during my Navy boot camp near Chicago, that was the first time I'd really seen snow. I can do without it. Speaking of that, on my recent trip to New York there were so many cars with 4 motion and 4 matic (M-B).
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Sep-2014 at 07:32
Originally posted by Superman

I am sooooooooooooo getting myself this for Christmas!

Apple CarPlay

I'm not really impressed with the fact that the Alpine or Pioneer head unit is not flush in the dash. The bottom has this big protruding bar that looks like it would hide the Climatronic buttons.

I'm going to wait and see what the Audi unit looks like or maybe even from other cars. There seems to be no news that it will be in the Volkswagen cars.

Edited by Superman - 28-Sep-2014 at 07:33
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2014 at 20:28
There are tons of cars in Michigan with various types of AWD. 4Motion, 4Matic, various American cars with either homegrown or Haldex-style AWD setups, and so forth. Makes getting around in the snow SO much easier.

As for winter wheels, ECS Tuning is running a sale on some wheels that look like they'd be decent-looking and are only $100 a wheel. Some are only $75 a wheel. This and some winter tires would make it that much more fun to blast through the snow. :-)   If anyone is interested, here's the link they sent me the other day. Some interesting possibilities.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Passat_B5-4_Motion-W8/News/VW_B5_Passat_WinterWheels_1998_199_2000_2001_2002_2003_2004_2005/
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2014 at 22:44
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2014 at 23:12
Want some Phaeton wheels for winter wheels?
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2014 at 05:16
No thanks, not my style, but I'd take those you have on your car now! I just feel bad because I have no where to store the Madras, they're just stacked up in the yard.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Oct-2014 at 09:48
I put my car in the shop today for the shift problem. It hasn't given me any more trouble but I want them to flush the system anyway. The owner's manual says to flush it every two years and I doubt that it's ever been done. Next up, back to coil-over install. I have now had the car for one year and with the exception of being disappointed that it's not lowered yet I'm on my schedule. Radio will be next and then the Votex kit in the spring. I will be at SoWo 2015 but not with my car.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2014 at 15:10
There is something wrong with my transmission, until this problem is resolved everything I had planned to do to the car is on hold.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 23>