Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - South
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 23>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana
    Posted: 14-Nov-2014 at 17:58
I'm not sure if it does it with the engine off. And I usually use the full pedal when I am getting onto the highway. I am not talking about pushing the car to its top speed, just top acceleration.

I realize I am one of the only people pushes thier own car to the limit. But what's the point of having the power if you aren't going to use it.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2014 at 23:45
Most automatics have a "kick down switch" mounted under the gas pedal. The gas pedal will depress until it hits the switch, then will require a bit more force to engage the switch which forces the transmission to downshift as much as possible.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2014 at 01:10
Originally posted by KenBIII

I usually use the full pedal when I am getting onto the highway. I am not talking about pushing the car to its top speed, just top acceleration.

I guess it's different for automatics but if I push full pedal in 2nd and 3rd while getting on the interstate, I'll be doing 100 mph before I realize it.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2014 at 02:34
Originally posted by Superman

Originally posted by KenBIII

I usually use the full pedal when I am getting onto the highway. I am not talking about pushing the car to its top speed, just top acceleration.

I guess it's different for automatics but if I push full pedal in 2nd and 3rd while getting on the interstate, I'll be doing 100 mph before I realize it.

The AT will do it too, probably more deceiving since I don't have to shift. I just push it all the way down and hold it for a little bit till I hit 80 or the speed of traffic.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2014 at 05:17
I'm wondering, would one of those newer fast shifting double clutch multi geared transmissions from an Audi fit the W8??
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2014 at 06:58
Originally posted by srdavis872

Why not just get an iPod interface ... but you can get one for the oem head unit, and have control of the ipod/iphone through the head unit, and stream pandora or any other internet radio.
Originally posted by long_w8

I'm using a iPod adapter device from Dension ... My specific model isn't made anymore, but this appears to be its successor: http://www.dension.com/product/gateway-lite-bt-gbl3xxx
Okay, y'all have my attention now that I'm not getting the AppRadio at this time as planned. I have installed Pandora on my iPhone 5 and like it. What are my options for the iPhone interface/dock/connection? I'm wanting something that looks as OEM as possible.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2014 at 09:46
I am using the adapter from Marc, and other than having an aux cable coming into my center arm rest everything looks and is stock.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2014 at 09:50
What is "Marc"? More info please.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2014 at 11:11
I bought Marc's (long_w8) gateway from Dension
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2014 at 12:03
Okay, thanks. Does anyone know if that is the only option or is there anything else?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 23>