Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - South
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana
    Posted: 16-Nov-2014 at 12:32
What about this one? It does satellite radio too.

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=ambr-1501-avw
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2014 at 04:57
I've used USA Spec brand interfaces in my mk4 and Passat. In my Mercedes I'm using a GROM audio bluetooth interface... bluetooth through 20 year old factory stereo is pretty sweet.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2014 at 17:06
I personally found that I get some humming/reduced audio quality when using BT.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2014 at 17:20
Hi all, I'm the Marc that Ken was talking about. Ken purchased my Dension adapter, which makes an iPod appear to be the CD changer on a stock VW Monsoon stereo. It works quite well, and I'm sure that Dension still makes the unit.

I personally was interested in a stereo with a lot more capabilities, including navigation and so on. So, I ended up buying a Parrot Asteroid Smart. This is essentially an Android tablet that fits perfectly into the double-DIN slot on our cars. Write up is here:

Parrot Asteroid Smart installation

Hope this helps!
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2014 at 02:52
That is nice but I have iOS products and will need an AppRadio or CarPlay. This is what I will get eventually ($1,400!!) but the BT interface will do for now.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2014 at 05:02
Originally posted by Superman

That is nice but I have iOS products and will need an AppRadio or CarPlay. This is what I will get eventually ($1,400!!) but the BT interface will do for now.

I just checked and there is a new model (SPH-DA120) for $600. It doesn't have all the features of the $1,400 unit and it looks like the screen is 6.2" instead of 7" but I will consider this one a lot.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2014 at 05:50
I did some more research and it looks like 6.2" no disc drive vs. 7" with disc drive is the main difference. It's been over 6 months since I've looked into these but the $1,400 flagship is under $900 now.

This is what I'll probably get:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130SPDA120/Pioneer-SPH-DA120-AppRadio-4.html?tp=5684

The BT interface is about a 1/3 cheaper but I'm not going to waste time and money on that. I should be able to get this SPH-DA120 after the holiday season.

http://www.appradioworld.com/2014/10/pioneer-appradio-4-sph-da120-vs-avh.html

Edited by Superman - 18-Nov-2014 at 05:55
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2014 at 23:15

My car doesn't have this cup holder. This picture is from a V6. Did the W8 ever have this or would it be able to be retrofitted?
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2014 at 01:08
Did this car have cup holders in the center console? I believe that's what they used on the cars without center console cup holders.

I think you can retrofit it easily though. Our cars just have a "blank" there essentially. I would images it would be a direct swap.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Nov-2014 at 01:55
I'm not sure what it has but I got the picture from the "Show Your Wagon" thread on Vortex. It's a B5 V6 wagon. I'm not sure what the early cars had in them. I just don't trust those glove box cup holders with any passenger.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>