Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - South
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana
    Posted: 03-Jan-2015 at 07:45
Yes, thanks for your advice, I am going to do it how you told me and not take out the pinch bolt. I hate that bolt.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2015 at 11:29
I'm not sure if I posted it here in this thread or a reply somewhere else on this forum but I need to correct myself.

I said that the headlight seal panel cover, the plastic part you take off to get to the bulbs, were in fact symmetrical and would interchange from side-to-side.

Well, I was wrong, it is subtle but the outer tab on them is slightly lower than the inner tab. Thus making them asymmetrical.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2015 at 05:31
Originally posted by Superman

I said that the headlight seal panel cover, the plastic part you take off to get to the bulbs, were in fact symmetrical and would interchange from side-to-side.

Well, I was wrong, it is subtle but the outer tab on them is slightly lower than the inner tab. Thus making them asymmetrical.

I'd challenge you on that. I ordered one through ECS and it never prompted me for left or right side. I still couldn't get it to fit and broke the tabs, I think my bumper/headlight are not sitting flush. I don't plan on messing with it til I need new headlight bulbs. When I had two covers in one piece I was able to get them to fit on the side that is flush.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2015 at 09:29
I got them from ECS too, I went back and checked my order and indeed they are the same part number. They seemed sided when I put them on the car but apparently not.

What I had to do, my trick, for installation was to not swing the metal clip over the plastic tab but rather take the clip off and insert the top and bottom of it with it already seated against the plastic tap.

I found it next to impossible to swing the metal clip over the plastic tap with the clip already attached to the headlight.

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2015 at 21:15
I think I found my problem with that cover. It looks like my car had a stroke. The bumper and headlight aren't flush and I think that's why I couldn't get that side's cover back on since it didn't line up right. I'm just going to wait until I need headlight bulbs to mess around with the alignment of the bumper.

Edited by SirRangeALot - 30-Jan-2015 at 21:16
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2015 at 13:20
A follow-up to putting new seals/covers on my headlights: my right headlight was having the "only worked sometimes" problem. I thought it was the ballast. Now ever since I put new seals on the lights they work all the time.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2015 at 10:03
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2015 at 22:12
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2015 at 04:28
I did a whole LED upgrade on my interior a year or so ago. It's wonderful. My kit had every single interior bulb, even including the one in the glove box (which is a royal PAIN to get to go back together correctly, by the way!).

Anyway I'm delighted with mine. Go for it, you won't believe the difference!

'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2015 at 20:28
Originally posted by long_w8

I did a whole LED upgrade on my interior a year or so ago. It's wonderful. My kit had every single interior bulb, even including the one in the glove box (which is a royal PAIN to get to go back together correctly, by the way!).

Anyway I'm delighted with mine. Go for it, you won't believe the difference!

By chance did you replace any of your exterior bulbs with LEDs? I have one reverse light out and want to upgrade them to LED. Just don't know if they'll be problematic...I know I've heard the license plate tag LEDs sometimes are trouble. My bumper markers are LEDs and have been fine so far.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>