The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - East
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedKen's Car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Poll Question: Is the Car Worth the Money?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [90,91%]
0 [0,00%]
1 [9,09%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ken's Car
    Posted: 28-Apr-2014 at 20:13
I don't think you'll notice much of a change and the speedometer doesn't have to be recalibrated.
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2014 at 13:17
Regards tyres as long as you replace both on the same axle you should be fine...no need to replace all 4
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2014 at 16:18
You can't adjust the speedometer on VWs. But, with stock tires, the speedometer reads about 5mph over what you're actually doing. Going a slightly larger size will actually make it more accurate than it is stock.

I know this because every stock VW I've been in the speedo is off, as was mine, until I upped the tire size when going to 19s. Now it's pretty much spot on.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2014 at 16:24
Thats good to know. I'm surprised that VW doesn't allow the spedos to be adjusted. Thats probably why they have the spedo over to account for people using larger wheels.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2014 at 18:08
Originally posted by KenBIII

Thats good to know. I'm surprised that VW doesn't allow the spedos to be adjusted. Thats probably why they have the spedo over to account for people using larger wheels.

More so because it ensures that if people get pulled over for speeding they can't blame it on the speedometer. You have to assume some degree of inaccuracy, so pretty much all manufactures error to the side of the speedo reading higher than actual. Save their butts for getting sued for having them inaccurate the other way.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2014 at 03:48
Here are some pics at of my new Hella Extreme Yellow Lights, just for off-road use of course
These pictures don't do the lights justice...

Fog Lights
                      Just HID Low-Beam (DRL)                                           HID Low-Beam + Fog Lights (1st Pull)

Halogen High-Beams

Just HID High-Beam (2nd Pull)                                  HID + Halogen High-Beam (No/1st/2nd Pull)

Sorry for the huge picture sizes.

Edited by KenBIII - 30-Apr-2014 at 04:16
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
logan View Drop Down

Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2014 at 05:55
why is it that mine dont look like that .. i did the same bulbs in my fog lights .. mine must need ot be adjusted upwards .. they only lite up the first 5 - 6 feet infront of my car
poop
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2014 at 14:44
Here is a picture of my fogs from the outside. I was actually planning on adjusting mine up as well as they do not illuminate far enough for me either. I would say I have like an 8 feet max of light. You can see the the arc of my fog lights and then the beam from the projectors.

03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
logan View Drop Down

Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2014 at 22:40
i also have 55w bulbs in here and i know i need ot "adjust/ modify" the wiring harness :) as it has melted the connector at the light
poop
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2014 at 22:51
Mine are also 55w bulbs, my car came with H3 fogs and H7 high-beams
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>