The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - East
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedKen's Car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
Poll Question: Is the Car Worth the Money?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [90,91%]
0 [0,00%]
1 [9,09%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ken's Car
    Posted: 30-Apr-2014 at 22:51
I looked for the Hella Extreme Yellow D2S and they are like $100 each!
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2014 at 02:38
With the HID bulbs costing so much I am thinking about converting them over to Halogens. Thoughts/comments/concerns?
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2014 at 22:26
Originally posted by KenBIII

With the HID bulbs costing so much I am thinking about converting them over to Halogens. Thoughts/comments/concerns?

Search eBay for D2S's. They're just as much as Silverstars if you look hard enough.

Edited by SirRangeALot - 03-May-2014 at 22:26
02passatw8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote 02passatw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2014 at 01:11
Please do not change headlights because of bulb cost. You can buy a set of phillips on ebay for less than a hundred bucks change them twice maybe in the life of the car. If you can't afford the price of the bulb your in for a very rude awakening.
logan View Drop Down

Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2014 at 01:34
DDMtuning has bulbs cheap $15 or so a pair.. and they are good quality

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/APXBULBHID-Bulb-Replacements-Pair
poop

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2014 at 02:36
Originally posted by 02passatw8

Please do not change headlights because of bulb cost. You can buy a set of phillips on ebay for less than a hundred bucks change them twice maybe in the life of the car. If you can't afford the price of the bulb your in for a very rude awakening.

QFT^^^^^^
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2014 at 03:39
The HID are supposed to be brighter than the halogens correct? Mine are not even close to as bright as the halogens. So I am gonna need a new set of white bulbs.

But I want to run with yellow lights, not legal in RI so I know I will have to switch back when I get pulled over. I would prefer to have Hella as to match the other front lights. As they are now, the halogens are brighter so that is why I am thinking about converting them. I just don't want to have to spend like $300 for HID bulbs if they are going to be dimmer than halogens.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2014 at 04:52
(In my case, my HIDs were old and tired and replacing them has made a world of difference. I think you'll be happier if you just suck it up and replace the HIDs with new ones.

Just my personal opinion.
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2014 at 05:23
D2S's are not even remotely close to $300 unless you're dumb enough to get them through a dealer.

You can get a pair of Philips 4300k between $40-$75 shipped if you look on eBay like I said before.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2014 at 15:42
Originally posted by SirRangeALot

D2S's are not even remotely close to $300 unless you're dumb enough to get them through a dealer.

You can get a pair of Philips 4300k between $40-$75 shipped if you look on eBay like I said before.

The Hella Extreme Yellow Bulbs are $100 a piece, I have been searching everywhere for them. But I will buy some new D2S and see how bright they are.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>