The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - East
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedKen's Car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>
Poll Question: Is the Car Worth the Money?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [90,91%]
0 [0,00%]
1 [9,09%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ken's Car
    Posted: 04-Aug-2014 at 16:34
Very cool, good find. Thanks for sharing.

I think I might leave my current car as an AT, going to get it fixed by my VW dealer very soon. But I have been thinking that I might get another W8, most likely a sedan, with a 6MT. But I might just get a AT and try swapping the trans on my other car. Although, since my current car is a variant with low mileage I might end up making it my fun/show car and use my new car as my daily.

I love W8's but I just wish we could pull more power out of such a large displacement engine. I ideally would like to have 350-400 for my non-daily.

Edited by KenBIII - 05-Aug-2014 at 01:34
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2014 at 05:26
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2014 at 16:06
Thanks for the post, I really want the lights!
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2014 at 19:20
Thanks for the lead Superman, I ended up buying the set (minus the dome light) and other goodies

Marc, you were asleep at the wheel...can't you see the FUNK switch in the pic

Edited by KenBIII - 03-Sep-2014 at 19:22
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2014 at 19:33
Glad to help. What is that piece below the sun roof/light switch?
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2014 at 19:38
That is the center visor thingy. It is behind (towards the nose) the dome light above the rearview mirror. It is a nice little easter egg that most people don't realize is there. *Betting $20 Superman goes out to his car to investigate as soon as he can*
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2014 at 20:37
Update on my Wagon. Brought it to Bonded Transmission & Auto Repair last night. They were the only trany shop that would even consider working on a VW, let alone a W8

I get there and see another 03' Passat Wagon, Pacific Blue like mine. Take a closer look and it is a W8, 6MT at that! Come to find out that the W8 owner is a VW certified mechanic who is also L1 certified. He will be the person who diagnoses and works on my car.

Got a diagnosis from the shop after lunch. The neutral - TC is is leaking and not holding pressure, which I already knew. The good - they didn't find the valve body error code, meaning no replacement needed. Yay! The bad - the transmision pan is crushed and rusted, the cheapest one he could find right now is like $350 but he will keep looking. The initial quote to replace the TC and the trans pan is in the high $2,000s but this could change due to additional parts being needed or a cheaper pan being found.

Edited by KenBIII - 04-Sep-2014 at 20:39
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2014 at 07:19
Originally posted by KenBIII

*Betting $20 Superman goes out to his car to investigate as soon as he can*

It's midnight now but I'll be out there in the morning. The sun comes in from the east so it'll be right there in my eyes.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Sep-2014 at 16:36
Perfect time for you to use it
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2014 at 10:17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>