Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Mechanics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor
    Posted: 07-Jan-2018 at 02:12
The car got a P0341 code.

"Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range / Performance Bank 1 or Single Sensor"

It's the first code since I've owned the car, at 95,000 miles. I've driven the car 300 miles with the light on and no problems. I searched all of the W8 forums and Facebook groups and there is no info on this code. The Ross Tech (VCDS) website says that it is bad wires to the sensor, the sensor itself or misaligned timing. I asked an experienced VW tech what they usually do with this code, on engines other than the W8, and he said they replace the sensor. I used the Bentley manual and found the sensors on bank 1 but how do I know which one is sensor A?

eddycooper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote eddycooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2018 at 20:19
This document might help: http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_249.pdf

Looking at page 24, my guess would be that you're looking for sensor G40. If you can get a scan from a Ross-Tech scanner it might be able to confirm it. Looks like all four have the same part number - 06A905161A.

I'd first check the plug and the wires to make sure there isn't just a loose/broken wire.
JayTheSnork View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote JayTheSnork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2018 at 00:44
I'm with eddy.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2018 at 15:23
The P0341 G40 cam sensor error code is fixed. It was a bad cam sensor.
JayTheSnork View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote JayTheSnork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2018 at 16:13
so the G40 sensor is located where? bank 1 is the driver side, yes?
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2018 at 16:16
It’s the passenger side (LHD) intake cam. The SSP that Eddy posted a link above shows it on page 24.
 Post Reply Post Reply