Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

I have AVIC-D3 installed too

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jtaylor42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have AVIC-D3 installed too
    Posted: 08-Mar-2008 at 00:59
Looks great. Wonder if this is better than the DNX-7100 that I was looking at. Time to do research
ikonw8 View Drop Down

Quote ikonw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2008 at 20:01
Looks really great... nice job... awesome that you can use the steering wheel controls too...
IKONW8

2003 Reflex Silver, Stock
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2008 at 14:00
Originally posted by jeffsu350

one more question ... are you still using the stock monsoon amp?

I just want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into if I buy one of these.

Yes, I' still use the stock OEM speakers & it sounds a lot better after I put the Avic-D3 on.
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2008 at 14:03
Originally posted by ikonw8

Looks really great... nice job... awesome that you can use the steering wheel controls too...

Thanks, but in order to do that, I need to buy 2 pieces of PAC adapters:
PAC SWI-CAN(around $50) & PAC SWI-PS (around $50). Some people they don't care about the steering wheel buttons, but I do

Edited by t0kie - 10-Mar-2008 at 20:05
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2008 at 17:27
I just pieced the system together including the steering wheel controls, the backup camera, bluetooth, and ipod cable

the avic-d3x includes the avic-d3 the bluetooth, ipod cable and remote for cheaper. I also bought a "bypass" basically the nicer looking wiring harness to be able to play with the gps and watch movies while driving.

With some good deals I got everything for under 1k.

everything is in the mail and I am excited to get it.

I also needed an ipod, so I got a 5G 80gig refurbished from apple.com for $190 with a 1 year warranty.
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2008 at 02:18
Cool, are you gonna install it by yourself too?
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2008 at 21:42
I plan on installing it myself as well.

I installed my current bluetooth and that had no wiring harnesses initially so I had to figure a lot out on my own. Eventually I had an electrical problem (not related to my install but the dealer wanted it to be) and when I went to reinstall I opted to get a wiring harness.

the backup camera is the only thing that scares me, I am not sure how I will run the wire exactly and I am not sure how to mount/get the wire through the trunk.

I guess the steering wheel controls I am not 100% on, I am hoping there will be some installation instructions with the package, otherwise I will be looking online.

Did you install this by yourself?

I will try to take pics of the install and then I will be selling my current bluetooth and phatbox, so get excited for that if anyone wants them.

t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2008 at 12:06
Yes, I did install it by myself. The steering wheel adapters need to be programed to make it work properly, and there is instruction manual that comes with it, just press and releasing button thing, you'll get it.
About the camera, I don't know because I'm not interested on that so I did not get it. Did you get XM/Sirius adapter too? I got XM and I love it.
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2008 at 17:08
The camera wire into the car is going to be the difficult part, I don't want to be able to see the wire, that looks shoddy.

I did not get xm/sirius, I don't use them, and I think the ipod will be enough and the movies of course
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 19:11
I got everything in the mail and am about to install everything.

I figured everything out (I hope) except how to connect the PAC C2R-VW adapted to the a/v input output wires coming out of the HU

any advise?

TIA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>