Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

I have AVIC-D3 installed too

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have AVIC-D3 installed too
    Posted: 24-Mar-2008 at 12:02
Originally posted by jeffsu350

I got everything in the mail and am about to install everything.

I figured everything out (I hope) except how to connect the PAC C2R-VW adapted to the a/v input output wires coming out of the HU

any advise?

TIA

Just follow a paper manual that came with the PAC C2R-VW, be careful because some wires are not color to color match, like the speed sensor wire IIRC, just follow the manual and don't worry if some of the colors don't match. Here the manual that I'm talking about:
http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/c2r-vw.pdf
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2008 at 20:17
I am having trouble with step 1. I have that manual.

I understand that there are positive and negative wires, but they are bare wires. The instructions say to connect them to the after market radios front and rear speaker wires, but the wires out of the HU have only left and rights, no positive and negative (they are stereo connectors). I am not sure how I am suppose to connect these wires.

Do I cut , or splice into the HU wiring?

Thanks again, I am thinking my question is dumb, and I am missing something huge.

Thanks again.

Jeff
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 01:40

I am having trouble with step 1. I have that manual.

I understand that there are positive and negative wires, but they are bare wires. The instructions say to connect them to the after market radios front and rear speaker wires, but the wires out of the HU have only left and rights, no positive and negative (they are stereo connectors). I am not sure how I am suppose to connect these wires.

Do I cut , or splice into the HU wiring?

Thanks again, I am thinking my question is dumb, and I am missing something huge.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Jeff, here are some pictures that I took before put everything in, hope it helps, just ignore the SWI-CAN and SWI-PS if you didn't get them.

jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 19:36
I got it completely now. I got a little freaked out by all the wires and was fixating on the white connector that has the stereo front out and rear out.

Thank you very much for all your help.

If I have not annoyed you yet I have a couple other basic questions.

Can you point me to the vehicle speed and gear select wires.

I am assuming the antenna control wire should be ignored. I also have no idea what the ILL wire is.

Thanks again for all of your help... I feel dumber.

Jeff
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2008 at 19:48
all those wires! man... things sure have come a long way since the last time i installed a headunit
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 12:09

Can you point me to the vehicle speed and gear select wires.

The speed sensor wire is the pink color (from the Pioneer) and you have to connect it to red with white color (on the PAC C2R-VW).

I am assuming the antenna control wire should be ignored. I also have no idea what the ILL wire is.

The ILL wire is for illumination and the color is kinda orange, both are the same color on this one, from the Pioneer connects it to the orange wire on PAC C2R-VW.

The antenna control wire from the Pioneer connects to 1 wire from the Metra 40-EU55 antenna adapter (sometimes it's blue and sometimes it's red like mine in the picture, but it's only 1 wire so you can't be wrong), this is for the FM and AM reception.

Jeff

Hey don't worry about it, ask me more if you have more questions, I'll be happy to help if I could.

Edited by t0kie - 26-Mar-2008 at 18:14
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2008 at 08:47
thanks for all your help.

so I do not need to connect those wires to the vehicle. I was assuming that the monsoon hu did not have a speed sensing wire.

i have to look at my installation manuals again I think.

I am going to try to do this next week.. I'm excited.

Jeff
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2008 at 12:15

... I was assuming that the monsoon hu did not have a speed sensing wire

Jeff

The speed sensor wire for the Pioneer is to be used on the NAVI, like for calculating the driving time based on your vehicle speed, etc.
cantw8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cantw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2008 at 03:31
See Next Post.

Edited by cantw8 - 29-Mar-2008 at 09:41
cantw8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cantw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2008 at 03:40
Originally posted by Vincere

Looks good. I put a single din Kenwood head unit in my car, but the double din looks a lot better.

Uh, let's try this again.

Vincere:

I was wondering after you switched to Kenwood, were you able to still see the radio information on the display in the instrumentation cluster?

I would like to change out the factory radio in my 2003 W8 Wagon (6MT, Blue Spirit Pearl / Gray), but would like to know if I would lose that function if I did.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
2003 W8 Variant, 6MT, Blue Spirit Pearl / Gray

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>