Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

I have AVIC-D3 installed too

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have AVIC-D3 installed too
    Posted: 29-Mar-2008 at 15:59
Originally posted by cantw8

Originally posted by Vincere

Looks good. I put a single din Kenwood head unit in my car, but the double din looks a lot better.

Uh, let's try this again.

Vincere:

I was wondering after you switched to Kenwood, were you able to still see the radio information on the display in the instrumentation cluster?

I would like to change out the factory radio in my 2003 W8 Wagon (6MT, Blue Spirit Pearl / Gray), but would like to know if I would lose that function if I did.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

THat's why you need the PAC SWI-CAN and PAC SWI-PS to retain the steering wheel control.
cantw8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cantw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2008 at 17:31
[/QUOTE]

THat's why you need the PAC SWI-CAN and PAC SWI-PS to retain the steering wheel control.[/QUOTE]

I get that part, but I was wondering about the display in the instrument panel, not the steering wheel controls, but thanks for confirming what the PAC does pertaining to the steering wheel controls.

2003 W8 Variant, 6MT, Blue Spirit Pearl / Gray

t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2008 at 19:04

...I was wondering about the display in the instrument panel...

The on board computer will not display track or vol level anymore, just go blank on that part.
cantw8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cantw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2008 at 02:55
Originally posted by t0kie

...I was wondering about the display in the instrument panel...

The on board computer will not display track or vol level anymore, just go blank on that part.

Cool. Just what I wanted to know.

Thanks a million!
2003 W8 Variant, 6MT, Blue Spirit Pearl / Gray

t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2008 at 12:33
Anytime
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2008 at 15:24
I am installing this thing as we speak. I have two radio antenna wires going into my monsoon HU and there is only one end to the radio antenna connector piece that I bought. Do I only get AM or FM?

thanks for the help.

Jeff
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2008 at 16:25
so I hooked everything up and the fan on the back of the HU spins, but it doesn't spin constantly, it kinda turns on and off at different time intervals. The HU won't turn on and the SWI's LED won't turn on.

I guess I have to check and recheck every wire again.
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2008 at 18:20
Originally posted by jeffsu350

I am installing this thing as we speak. I have two radio antenna wires going into my monsoon HU and there is only one end to the radio antenna connector piece that I bought. Do I only get AM or FM?

thanks for the help.

Jeff

YOu connect that 1 piece & you will still get both FM and AM .
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2008 at 18:21
Originally posted by jeffsu350

so I hooked everything up and the fan on the back of the HU spins, but it doesn't spin constantly, it kinda turns on and off at different time intervals. The HU won't turn on and the SWI's LED won't turn on.

I guess I have to check and recheck every wire again.

Try to disconnect and reconnect all the PAC adapters, make sure they snap all the way in.
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2008 at 19:23
I changed the PAC SWI-CAN to setting 3 and it turned right on. I thought it was suppose to be at setting 2?

Either way, the unit works great but the swi-ps still does not turn on. Is there something I am missing. All that one needed was the connection from the swi-can and then to go into the HU.

Since I have limited time after work I didn't get to finish the install. I am routing the mic into the sunroof control area (where stock would go), putting the ipod in the glove box and the gps antenna on the rear sill, and then I have to mount the backup camera.

I ran out of light in the middle of the ipod install.

Let me know what setting your swi-can is on, maybe I am still not right there.

* I just tried setting 4 -- I found on the newer sheet online that it was suppose to be 4, but that didn't fix anything

Jeff

Edited by jeffsu350 - 01-Apr-2008 at 01:41
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>