Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

I have AVIC-D3 installed too

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have AVIC-D3 installed too
    Posted: 01-Apr-2008 at 13:36
For the PAC setting, PAC SWI-CAN should be switched to position #4,
but I don't remember exactly what's the step by step, I only remember it took me about 20 minutes (back and forth) to have the correct setting and make the steering wheel buttons worked, because lots of push and hold and release steps that in some point confused me.

By the way, do you have all the manuals:

PAC SWI-CAN:

http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/swi-can%20app%20guide.pdf
http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/swi-can.pdf

Step by step for PAC SWI-PS:

http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/SWI-PS.pdf

Also, if you have any questions during working hours, you can call them & they will assist you with the details: (714)835-3022 (They are in the West Coast).

My GPS and XM antenna I put them under the front dash behind the passenger airbag, exactly on the metal frame so the magnets stick on it perfectly and all signals are good. The iPod adapter is inside the glove box too and little microphone is on the 6th blank switch under the passenger heater seat switch.(No backup camera for me since I don't care for that stuff).

Edited by t0kie - 01-Apr-2008 at 19:41
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2008 at 22:08
I guess everything just needed to be unpluged and then the LED went on fine.   I have installed and ran all the wires except the backup camera. I think that is more of a sunday job than after work before the sun goes down.

The only thing left to do is get the thing into the dash, there are so many wires I am having trouble fitting them all in. It was getting dark and starting to rain and I didn't want to rush it and mess something up, so it will sit till tomorrow. I took a bunch of pics, but lost the wire to my camera. I will put them up eventually.
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2008 at 12:39
Just take your time to tuck in the wires behind the HU, and make sure you have space on the back of the Pioneer's cooling fan, and as far of PAC adapters, you have to put them on the passenger side of the center trim frame, not on the back of the HU because if you do that then for sure the HU won't go in all the way.
Let me know & yeah post some pictures.
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2008 at 16:48
Jeff, how's the install?
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2008 at 01:09
I didn't have time to put all the wires behind the dash, but I did get the HU in enough to go for a drive.

the unit sounds amazing, I have a 500 watt monoblock JL amp with a 12" eclipse sub and it sounds amazing even with the stock speakers.

At the top end the sub is hitting really nicely and the speakers are distorted. Not that I would want to play my music that loud, but the stock speakers have to go when I get some more money.

The bluetooth is really nice, but I had to send names over one at a time, it wouldn't take a bulk send from my LG chocolate.

The ipod controls are amazing, my only complaint is that it scrolls very slow, playlists are much better for this setup.

I also had trouble with the bypass that I tried. The unit says that the e-brake cable is not attached properly and it doesn't let me use the navi features when moving, which I was trying to avoid.

I will try to get the backup camera in and then fit all the wires into the dash.
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2008 at 13:04
Bypass is very easy, Parking Brake wire (the green one) needs to be grounded too, here is the step by step with pictures:

http://www.avic411.com/D3Bypass/album0.html

or

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7998

As far as bluetooth, yes we have to transfer it one by one ( I know, it took me forever too when I did it).

Let me know how it goes.

Edited by t0kie - 04-Apr-2008 at 19:06
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2008 at 09:00
avic411 is a great place to get info for this, but they are not all that friendly.

I tried the bypass from that site, I'm assuming some wire was not fully connected or I did something stupid. I just have to recheck everything
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2008 at 14:03
Yeah, the baypass wasn't that hard, just double check everything & I'm sure you'll get it.

Edited by t0kie - 06-Apr-2008 at 20:04
Corwin View Drop Down

Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2008 at 18:41
Damn you people! Reading this thread made me go and buy this setup with the money I was going to spend on coilovers!

I'll still do the coilovers I think but this is too awesome to pass up. Going to try to install next week - let you know if I have any probs. One quick question - can I wire for the backup camera without actually buying the backup camera kit? I'm thinking this is something I might want to add in the future, but don't want to have to pull the whole thing out again when I do it.

Thanks! Kind of! Lol.
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2008 at 18:45
Hi Corwin,

I think you still have to access the back of the head unit, IIRC. I don't have a backup camera because I don't really want it, but evryone has their own. Go for it, you'll like this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>