Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

I have AVIC-D3 installed too

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have AVIC-D3 installed too
    Posted: 16-Apr-2008 at 20:33
you can pull the HU to install the wire later. My backup camera came connected to the wire, meaning you would need the camera to wire the camera.

Its not hard to pull the HU and add the camera later though
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2008 at 12:35
Jeff, did you finish the installation? Show us some pictures
Corwin View Drop Down

Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2008 at 12:56
Originally posted by jeffsu350

you can pull the HU to install the wire later. My backup camera came connected to the wire, meaning you would need the camera to wire the camera.

Its not hard to pull the HU and add the camera later though

In your opinion was the backup camera worth it? Kind of a spendy addition and I can't decide...
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2008 at 18:15
actually I have been really swamped with work and have not finished it.

The mic wire is kinda hanging from the head liner and the HU is still 1/2 in the dash.

My pictures are on a friends camera and I haven't gotten them off yet.

I also have not attempted the backup camera, so I do not know what it will look like when I'm done.

I love the HU. My only complaint is the scrolling when using the IPOD, you get the ipod controls, and only the ipod controls, so no searching. This would be fine if you could scroll like the wheel does, but you cannot, you have to go "page" by "page" which takes some time. I guess I would like if I could still listen to my ipod when accessing the bluetooth menu, however, this is more of a nit-picky thing than a problem

I love it!
sptsdn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sptsdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2008 at 16:25
Where have I been? This is great! I was just about to install a Motorola Bluetooth kit in the car but I'm now having second thoughts after seeing this.

A couple of questions for you all regarding the mic and GPS antenna. Has anyone looked into tapping into Onstar mic and antenna? I'm thinking it would be a bit cleaner look if you could use what is already there, especially the antenna. Any thoughts or comments on that?
- Craig
2004 W8 Variant, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, and 1978 Alfa Romeo Sport Sedan
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2008 at 20:04
I don't know about tapping the existing ones, but I put my gps antenna on the back sill behind the seats so you cannot see it unless you look for it and it does not scratch the paint or anything like that.

I also put the mic in the stock location for mics, near the sunroof control
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2008 at 13:41
I don't have Onstar, but I put my GPS & XM antenna behind the airbag of glove compartment, exactly on the metal frame & receptions are good, & cannot be cleaner than that.
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2008 at 02:37
Do you have full FIS with radio settings, navi map, and volume? This was not answered before.
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2008 at 22:47
Originally posted by B5crazy

Do you have full FIS with radio settings, navi map, and volume? This was not answered before.

Yes
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2008 at 08:35
Can you post a pic of the FIS with navi info? I'm curious to see if it is any different than what is displayed by the OEM navi.
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>